This week, we are doing our monthly Q & A session. I have loved getting your questions over the last few weeks, and I’m excited to share my responses to a handful of them.
Hearing your voice, is a HUGE part of this mentoring process. So thank you for sharing your questions and thoughts. Together, I hope we can continue to grow this online community of dialogue and engagement.
Here are the questions we are looking at this week:
How do you CONNECT with God’s heart as Protector & Provider and EMBRACE what He is doing in my current season?
• It’s not about you connecting with the Lord, it’s about you knowing that He will always connect with you.
• The Father always connects with the Son in your heart.
• Relax, rejoice, and know that He will connect to the Son in you.
In the context of unlearning, how do we DEAL with relationships where others are UNWILLING to UNLEARN?
• You take responsibility for your learning and unlearning, and model that.
• It is almost impossible to work with people who are unwilling to learn and change.
• This is a great opportunity to learn the Fruit of the Spirit in a powerful away, and then to practice on those people the very things you are learning.
For those of us, who rarely HEAR from God, how can we INSURE that we are praying from within the KINGDOM and not following our own imaginations or random impressions?
• It’s better for us to be confident about how God speaks to us than our ability to hear Him.
• God takes responsibility to communicate, and we must take responsibility to put our heart in the right place.
• You don’t have to hear God in a totally pristine way, because there is no relationship in that.
• Enjoy the moment with God and realize that He wants to have a conversation with you because He wants a relationship with you.
What are some suggestions in regards to SEEKING humility? Is that something you can even seek and NOT be prideful?
• Scripture is clear that we should have a practice of humbling ourselves, but that does not mean degrading ourselves.
• We should have a realistic understanding of who we are without Jesus and who we can be in Him.
• When we practice humbling ourselves, the Lord exalts us.
• We ought to have a good opinion of ourselves, because we have Christ in us.
• Don’t focus on pride or the avoidance of it, focus on humility because that will do it for you.
Thanks again for sending in your questions. I really appreciate them and look forward to hearing more this month. Your engagement means EVERYTHING for this relational learning process.
PS) You can send in your questions by posting them in comments below each episode or by clicking the voicemail link: https://www.speakpipe.com/brillianttv