In this episode, we are going to explore how vital the the Fruit of the Spirit is in our relationship with God particularly in overcoming the opposition that tries to invade our lives. We are asking the key question: How is the Fruit of the Holy Spirit an effective weapon?
During this session, we'll be looking at:
• How to live at a new level of FREEDOM in the nature of God for you;
• What it means to have increased ASSURANCE in God's relationship with you.
• How to transition from BELIEVING to confidently KNOWING;
• How the Fruit of the Spirit OVERWHELMS all negatives!
• An ACTIVATION to launch you into using the fruit of the Spirit as an effective WEAPON.
• The nature of God sets us free from the enemy.
• The Fruit of the Spirit is the nature of God; He is all of them.
• The Fruit of the Spirit is an encounter with God; it opens us up to the fullness of His nature.
• With the Fruit of the Spirit, we develop a constant and consistent approach to people and circumstances, good, bad or ugly.
• The Fruit of the Spirit gives us confidence in God’s relationship with us.
• Joy is who God is; rejoicing is our response to who God is.
• As we grow in the Fruit of the Spirit, our confidence in who God is for us becomes established.
• Our encounters with the Fruit of the Spirit overwhelm our negative emotions.
• The fruit of relationship with the enemy is fear, despair, worry, anger and everything that’s opposite of God.
• You will behold the aspect of His nature that He wants to be for you so intensely that you’ll actually become it. We become what we behold!
• We are supposed to know God in your emotions because He is emotional.
• The Fruit of the Spirit is our displacement for negative emotions.
• I Corinthians 13:1-8: If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging symbol. If I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love, it profits me nothing. Love is patient. Love is kind and is not jealous. Love doesn't brag, and it's not arrogant. It does not act unbecomingly. It does not seek its own. It's not provoked. It does not take into account a wrong suffered. It does not rejoice in unrighteousness but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
• Galatians 5:22-23: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
• John 14:27: Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
Ask God what is the Fruit of the Spirit He is developing in you? A good clue is if there’s any negatives present, God will be giving you the opposite. If you have a difficult circumstance or person in your life, ask Him what Fruit is needed.
Then find scriptures that speak about the nature of that Fruit. Read those aloud to the Lord. Write them out, and put them where you’ll see them often. Then in your devotional times or throughout the day, turn your heart to the Lord, meditate on the fruit He is developing in you and take a moment to connect with God.
Don’t be surprised if you have lots of practice sessions popping up. When you begin to feel that part of His nature being established, look around you and see what’s different about you and your response to your current situations.
I’m so excited for you to practice the Fruits of the Spirit and to really enjoy engaging with the Lord on this level. Your development is so important to Him, and He loves seeing Christ formed in you. I hope you enjoy all the new experiences you are about to have with His nature.
Thanks for listening, I really appreciate it!