As a new creation in Christ, our lens is heaven-based, not earth bound. We have the Kingdom lens of grace, not of the law.
- Our conversation and lifestyle is in heaven so that we can break the power that is holding this world.
- Our development should be of a heaven-based spirituality, not trying to pastor old man behaviors.
- Wisdom sees and thinks the way God does. It moves us into a higher place of worship and rejoicing.
- Your circumstances are not the problem. Your perception of your circumstances is the problem.
- Jesus reduced the law to two things: Love God with everything in you and love whoever you connect with. Totally new lens for scripture!
- Be a good Berean. Examine the Bible for yourself to see if the words you hear are true. Pharisees examine scripture to prove they are right. Not the same.
- At some point, we all need encounters with God that change everything.
2 Peter 1:4
Ask the questions found in this episode:
Does your lens require cleaning? Does it need repairing?
Or does it need replacing?
What is the Lord saying to you about how you should be viewing things?
What thoughts does God want to give you that can't land in your heart because your lens is, "Well, we only do it this way, we only see it this way?"
Regularly pray this declaration from the closing prayer:
"Change my lens so that I can see something better, more clearly, I can see something that is more dynamic and powerful and life-changing and world-changing.
Change my lens about Jesus and the Holy Spirit and me.
Open my eyes, Lord, that I may see."
Share your lens discoveries with us in the comments!