We are learning to identify our spirituality in Jesus only. We are united with Him in death and are alive to God in Him.
- You can't add a piece of Christ on to your old self. You can't put the Holy Spirit into your old man.
- The Father doesn't say, "Get rid of this and I'll give you this." That's legalism. He shows you His new life. It's all yours... so you'll put off the old to receive the new!
- God doesn't threaten us by withholding anything. He ignores the old, dead you and focuses on giving you all things that pertain to life and godliness.
- If we are living in our old mindset and trying to become new, we'll be stressed out, inadequate and insecure.
- God is not human. Let's not treat Him like He is.
- The abundance of new life in Christ offends the legalist in us. The only way to live this life is utter astonishment.
What new mindsets are you encountering in this episode?
How is your thinking changing or challenged?
Share your thoughts in the comments!
For more on the nature of the Holy Spirit mentioned in this episode, check out "The Indwelling Presence." It's all about Him!