- Admonition always seeks a persons highest good.
- Exhortation empowers people to see a different way and occupy a higher place in God.
- Vision is not just about the direction you're going in. It's about the height at which God wants you to travel.
- Exhortation is about conviction, not judgement. It carries the promise of God's presence and awakens strong belief.
- You can't fight your own mediocrity. You have to replace it with something better.
- Accountability is about calling people up into their identity, not out on their behavior.
- NT prophets are primarily prophets of confirmation.
- We can admonish effectively when we know who people are in the Spirit.
- Admonition is where we lose our shame so we can grow bigger in Christ.
- Admonition means to help someone check themselves out before God.
- A pharisee is a Christian who behaves like the world while representing God. They love to correct, but not empower.
Song of Solomon 2:10
1. The man who just wanted to be clean.
2. Phone call; "I've got a problem. Yahoo!"
3. Conversation with friend who climbs.
Great questions are asked in this episode. Explore them!
What is this current time in the Lord about?
What am I learning?
Who am I becoming?
What is changing in me?
What am I seeing of God that I didn't see before?
How do questions like these facilitate your development process in God. Let us know in the comments. We'd love to hear!
For more on overcoming mediocrity, check out Allison Bown's book or CD series on "Joyful Intentionality":