Relational Thinking means that our mindset in the Spirit must be built on the presence of God in us and the purpose of God for us.
- First aspect of our relationship with God: you are a whole new person because of who Jesus is. We will need to continually remind ourselves of this.
- Second aspect of our relationship with God: Christ is in you and this releases the nature of God towards you in full.
- Primary purpose of God: To make you in His image.
- Placement: You are in Christ
Portrayal: Christ in us to show the world
- Everything about our lives with God is relational. We are learning how to put Him first in all things.
- We need God to love God. He initiates love. We respond. We can't give anything to God that begins in us.
- A saint is the best receiver in the world!
1 John 4:19
Story: Lionel and the practice of patience.
As was said, the content of "Mind of a Saint" is intentionally overwhelming. Embrace the freedom you have to go at the pace that works for you.
You may want to listen to all the episodes quickly to get an overview - and then return to the ones you want to mine and explore.
Or you may stop and pause on one episode or thought for several days - even weeks. Do what seems good to you and the Holy Spirit. You are on a unique journey with Him!
For more on a lifestyle of process and tools to help you unpack what you are hearing, check out Allison Bown's "Joyful Intentionality" book: https://www.brilliantbookhouse.com/collections/joy/products/joyful-intentionality-a-passion-filled-life-on-purpose